To chat about ALttP and get involved with races (such as the weekly one on Sunday), see when various ALttP players go live on stream, and see Tompa and Yuzuhara's ever-changing WIP to their new TASVideos improvement using DMD and L+R and such, check out #alttp on irc.speedrunslive.com
If you want to actually learn the game, watch "godtas2" (a TAS aiming to show a theoretical "perfect" humanly possible run) and read the notes. That's essentially "the wiki" for this game. Also just watch and copy my actual RTAs because you'll probably die a natural death before godtas2 is ever finished.
There's also a thing called Geebot (created by Knudd) that can teach you about various things on various ALttP Twitch channels if you use !list
- http://www.twitch.tv/kryssstal - My Twitch channel where you can find my RTAs and stuff
- http://zeldaspeedruns.com/leaderboards/alttp - Leaderboard thingy for RTAs, submit yer times
- http://speedrunslive.com/gamelist/#!/alttp/1 - SRL game page for ALttP including updated rules now
- http://www.youtube.com/user/LTTP4HTTP - Mostly Audity's videos (at least the further back you go), unorganized and lotsa out of date stuff, but still useful probably
Theory TAS Stuff:
- New route guide TAS ("godtas2") - Still a WIP! As said earlier, this is "the wiki" basically. Copy the inputs and read the notes!
Update: Some notes are actually up now, including new arrow route musings. Also this version of godtas2 was made before hammeryump was discovered, so there are some changes (less rupees, more bombs). As always, ~watch a run~
- cyghfer's smv pack - Buncha new strats that will be incorporated into godtas2 (includes cyg's notes)
- Old route guide TAS ("godtas1") - Outdated, but could potentially be useful somehow
- Helpful RAM Watch file for TASing
- x/y position/speed and boss HP LUA script - Use with 1.51rr since 1.53 doesn't have lua scripting
- EG Ganon TAS - Complete theory TAS for this category! Be sure to move left at least 1 pixel when you enter Tower Mimics to fix camera!!
- Routes for every category (including the old 100% route, but not the new experimental one yet (watch a run))
- Hammeryump Guide - Don't forget the video and its description. Ignore all visual cues except the sword one, since it's by far the best!
- Death Mountain Ascent Guide - For "Any% No EG" runs. Don't forget this trick, which is thankfully the easiest one!
- Cane of Byrna Racing Guide
- Fake Flippers Guide - Or you can do the super easy method where you slash bush and move northeast~
- Ice Palace Bombjump Flowchart - Probably confusing since this is from March 2010, but look where the green arrow points and just pay attention to the 3 cyan pixels
- Helpful pic for lining up to hit Helmasaur with hammer easily
More things to navigate to in your web browser:
- A swell map showing like everything of interest in both worlds
- Quickwarp Guide - Rough guide, some can be 1px (or more) further to your benefit, like Mire's can be more north
- Prize Packs - Thanks to MBD, but it does have some errors, like no Octoroks (light or dark) in the rupee pack... also the eyeball bat drops nothing
- Text difference between J/U
- Old arrow guide w/ backups - Will change a lot, just watch a run
- Old bomb guide w/ backups - Changed a ton due to hammeryump